1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2012 UFC On FOX 4 Picks & Predictions for Shogun vs. Vera
By Drew Sharper

LOS ANGELES, CA – UFC On FOX 4 takes place on Saturday night and we have some free picks to consider for the event.

UFC On FOX 4 will have its main card air live on FOX at 8PM ET. The bouts will be held in the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

UFC Light Heavyweight Bout – Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (20-6) vs. Brandon Vera (12-5)

This fight should likely go to Rua. The only way I can see Vera winning is if he is able to extend the fight into the later rounds, as Rua has struggled with his conditioning over the years. However, Vera has never been pushed to five rounds either, so he may not have the cardio to fight 25 quality minutes. Overall, I see Rua using his unique striking to stifle Vera, then locking up a submission or using ground-and-pound to earn a stoppage in the second round. FREE PICK – Mauricio “Shogun” Rua -350

UFC Light Heavyweight Bout – Ryan Bader (14-2) vs. Lyoto Machida (17-3)

If there is to be an upset on Saturday, I think this is it. I do feel Machida is more likely to win, but I am calling for the upset because it is a three round fight. Machida tends to be passive in his fighting, which can hurt on the scorecards, and I think Bader will be able to get some takedowns in the fight. Bader could be susceptible to a KO in this one, but I think he has a lot of momentum going forward and Machida is taking a step back. FREE PICK – Ryan Bader +260

UFC Lightweight Bout – Joe Lauzon (21-7) vs. Jamie Varner (20-6-1)

This should be an exciting fight. I like Varner to pull this one out. Lauzon tends to start very fast and the tire quickly. If Varner can survive the early surge, which I think he will, then I see Varner using his boxing and wrestling to earn a finish. Varner was a former WEC champion and has fought many tough opponents. He has faced better than Lauzon and won, so I think his poise will play a role in this fight. I look for Varner to win by TKO or choke in the third round. FREE PICK – Jamie Varner -110

Posted : August 3, 2012 10:57 pm
Share: