1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

UFC 120 Picks & Predictions
By Drew Sharper

Bet UFC 120

UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama gets under way Saturday and I have three suggested plays for the main bouts on the card.

Main Event – Middleweight Bout – Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Both fighters need a win in this fight as they each are struggling to stay atop the ladder in the division. Bisping likes to stick and move while Akiyama likes to use flashy strikes and his grappling to win. I think Bisping has the edge in this fight as he will be able to work his strikes and slowly break down Akiyama. Bisping is large for a middleweight, so Akiyama should have problems scoring throws or takedowns. I like Bisping to win by decision. FREE PICK – Michael Bisping -225

Co-Main Event – Welterweight Bout – Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit

A lot of people expect Hardy to come in and dominate but Hardy really hasn’t had as stellar a career as many think. He holds one KO in his time in the octagon with three decision wins over guys that have never truly contended for the title. Condit comes in with a great wrestling background and been proven to be difficult to stop. Hardy showed his clear weakness in the wrestling department in his last loss to Georges St. Pierre and I expect Condit to follow the same recipe on his way to a decision win. FREE PICK – Carlos Condit +135

Welterweight Bout – John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle

Hathaway is undefeated in his career and is coming off a dominant win over Diego Sanchez. Pyle is a great submission fighter but is over-matched in this fight. Hathaway has better skills and is the overall better fighter in this one. Look for him to win by decision or TKO in round three. The betting lines are not favorable for Hathaway, but if you are looking for a winner, he is your guy. FREE PICK – John Hathaway -500

Bet UFC 120

Posted : October 16, 2010 8:46 am
Share: