1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

UFC 124 Picks & Predictions: Miller vs. Oliveira
By Drew Sharper

MONTREAL, QUEBEC (TheSpread) – The opening bout of UFC 124 on Saturday’s main card will be a lightweight battle between Jim Miller and rising start Charles Oliveira.

UFC 124 takes place from the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and will air live on Pay-Per-View at 10PM ET. Here is a look at both fighters and a pick for this fight.

Charles Oliveira (14-0) -140

Oliveira has made waves since joining the UFC, scoring two submission wins in his two bouts. Now, he is making his first appearance on a pay-per-view main card against a tough wrestler in Miller. Oliveira has finished all but one of his opponents in his career as he has six wins by knockout and seven by submission. He is mostly known for his grappling and ground ability while his wrestling and striking still needs some work.

Jim Miller (18-2) +110

Miller is a strong wrestler that has had some success in the UFC. Brother of middleweight, Dan Miller, Jim has won five straight bouts since losing to Gray Maynard back in March of 2009. Miller has used his wrestling to control most fights on the ground. Four of his last six wins have come by decision as he has been tough to gain advantage on and is still improving on his submission fighting.

Who To Pick?

Oliveira is a lengthy and tough fighter to get past and Miller will have to be weary of his submission attempts throughout the fight, but I see Miller being able to use to strength advantage to take this fight to the ground and pull out a decision win. Miller has been able to take down much stronger opponents than Oliveira and I expect him to neutralize his opponent’s submission ability with good ground and pound striking from the half guard. My pick is Miller by unanimous decision.

FREE PICK – JIM MILLER +110

Posted : December 11, 2010 11:47 am
Share: