Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Mets’ Lo Duca begins serving 2-game suspension

 

HOUSTON (AP) -New York Mets catcher Paul Lo Duca began serving his two-game suspension on Thursday for an outburst in a game last month, dropping his appeal after meeting with manager Willie Randolph.
Lo Duca was suspended and fined $2,000 for a June 23 tirade aimed at umpire Marvin Hudson. He was ejected for arguing a call, then tossed his equipment onto the field. After meeting with Randolph and assistant general manager John Ricco in Colorado on Tuesday, Lo Duca agreed to serve his suspension for the first two games of the Mets’ weekend series in Houston.
“They called me in there the other day and decided this would be the best time,” said Lo Duca, who was batting .300 on the Mets’ current road trip.
Ramon Castro started Thursday’s game in Houston. Randolph said Lo Duca would return to the lineup on Saturday. With the All-Star break starting Monday, Randolph wanted Lo Duca to serve his suspension to avoid a five-day gap between starts.
“Your timing gets messed up a little bit – you don’t want to have too much time off,” Lo Duca said. “I can understand it. They didn’t want that to happen.”
As insurance, the Mets purchased the contract of veteran catcher Sandy Alomar, Jr. on Wednesday and sent down left-handed pitcher Jason Vargas.

AD BLOCKER DETECTED. We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ad blockers.