Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Artest’s hearing on battery charges postponed

 

AUBURN, Calif. (AP) -Ron Artest’s court hearing on misdemeanor domestic battery charges was postponed three weeks on Thursday.
The Sacramento Kings forward did not attend the brief proceeding in Placer County Superior Court.
“Both sides continue to talk and pursue their independent investigations,” Artest’s attorney, William Portanova, said. The matter was continued to April 26.
Artest was charged March 21 with battery and corporal injury to a spouse, false imprisonment and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime. Each carries a maximum penalty of a year in county jail. He has pleaded not guilty.
The charges stem from a March 5 disturbance at Artest’s estate near Sacramento. A Placer County sheriff’s report said Artest grabbed a woman and pushed her down, slapped her face and took a phone from her the first time she tried to call 911. The woman was not named in the report, but the charges against Artest are for spousal abuse.
Artest must continue to comply with a judge’s order to stay at least 100 yards away from his wife and children until further notice, said assistant district attorney Dan Quick.
Artest was suspended for 73 games and pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault after a brawl with Detroit Pistons fans in 2004, when he played for the Indiana Pacers.

AD BLOCKER DETECTED. We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ad blockers.